Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Baking can lead to new discoveries!

Did you know that when you combine two eggs, 1 cup of water and 1/2 cup of canola oil and then whisk them together, the mixture gets frothy and looks like whipped cream on top of a hot chocolate?

No, I haven't been smoking dope! Just baking pumpkin muffins from a box (courtesy of my friendly neighborhood Trader Joe's).

Strange directions, though, when I add the pumpkin mix to the froth. The instructions said I needed a rubber spatula to FOLD the ingredients together. Fold? Like dough? I was this close to throwing out the spatula and just folding it with my hands. Luckily my senses returned and I followed the directions.

I'll let you know how the muffins turn out.

1 comment:

Kathryn said...

I could totally go for some pumpkin muffins. You lucky woman you. Send me a batch, yeah? ;)